A Sense of PlaceeBook - 2014
The story of Glasnevin House and Demesne, now Holy Faith Convent, is intertwined with the development of the area from the time of the early monks, through the medieval period when it was a farm of Christ Church, to the Georgian building of Mitchell and its nineteenth-century occupancy by the Lindsay family and the Sacred Heart sisters. The story continues with the arrival of the Holy Faith sisters in 1865 and their ongoing stewardship and development of the land.As this book opens with the contemplation of its surroundings, so it closes with the description of the new centre, which draws on natural beauty and the traditional spiritual influences that help us better engage with the modern world.
Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : The History Press, 
Branch Call Number: 941.835 Ke
Description: 1 online resource (144 pages)